Monday, December 12, 2011

Urban is at his best when he is focused, creating and has a concrete goal.  It's a good thing to know.  I know when to expect meltdowns, well, most of the time.  But, here's the thing...  It's exhausting.

I will admit that I have a lot of energy, and I too need a lot of activity to keep me busy and engaged, but planning for Urban's activities has become my only activity, and that makes me cranky.  On Saturday, for instance, here was what we did:
painted three beanie animals - a frog, lizard and fish that he had received as a gift
cut, clipped, drew and colored dozens of shrinky dinks to make a garland
shrunk the shrinky dinks in the oven and strung them together
watched 2 Christmas movies
cleaned the bathroom
cleaned out Beringer's closet
had lunch (Yes, we did all that before lunch)
cleaned out Urban's closet
Packed up things for donation
Watched Gnomeo and Juliet (for a second time in 2 days)
Took a bath

Can you see where this is going?  Yes, I got things ticked of my to do list, but I didn't avoi

No comments:

Post a Comment